Sindh government imposed lockdown in the province


No one will be allowed on streets without strong reason


Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has announced to impose the province wise lockdown in Sindh from midnight today (Sunday). "After 12am tonight [Sunday night] Sindh will undergo a lockdown," he said. "People will not be allowed to venture out of their homes unnecessarily."
“There’s no option but to impose lockdown in the province and I will announce this later today,” Murad had said and urged the masses to stay home. No one will be allowed to hit the road without any strong reason. “A supervisory team is being constituted to be headed by a Grade-20 officer, said the chief minister. Other departments can contact the officials in case of any difficulty in service delivery.”
The chief minister had said that the government was taking this important decision in the interest of people and hoped that the public will support the government. The chief minister said that that if citizens needed to go to the hospital, only three persons will be allowed to travel in a car.
The PPP government in Sindh has also called in the army to ensure compliance of its orders after the chief minister’s appeal on Friday to the masses to stay indoors was ignored. Sindh is struggling to contain the coronavirus, as it has reported the highest number of coronavirus cases as far as provinces are concerned, with the total tally rising to 292.
The chief minister said only 2,500 people have been tested so far in the province. “We are increasing the capacity and making it available at all the divisional headquarters in the province.”
The government is aware of the consequences of these strict measures and are taking necessary steps in this regard, he said. Control rooms would be established at the offices of DG Rangers Sindh and IG Police.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.