President Erdogan wins third term after defeating his rival Kemal Oglu in runoff

Erdogan wins another 5 years term as president with 52.2% votes

Turkish President Erdogan  has won the runoff presidential elections on Sunday May 28. Erdogan won third presidential term in a tight race. Erdogan won nearly 52.2% votes. It was a toughest election for Erdogan due to economic crisis. It was the best chance for opposition forces to oust him from power in last two decades but opposition failed to do so.  His rival Kemal Oglu could only manage to secure 47.8%. President Erdogan maintained his momentum he built in the first round. The turnout was around 83 percent. 
This is 11th straight election victory for president Erdogan since 1994. He first elected as mayor of Istanbul. He is in power since 2003 first as the prime Minister and later as president.  

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Powered by Blogger.